Buying lingerie for a lover can be a minefield. Too small and she’ll be embarrassed. Too big and you’ll be in the doghouse for a week. When buying for a new lover, follow these basic tips and you’ll stay in the good books.
• Never buy lingerie for a woman you haven’t seen naked. On your first shopping trip, buy what you know she wears. If you’ve never seen her in a G-string, pick a sexy brief.
• Choose something you think she would actually want to wear. Don’t be directed by your own fantasies for your first gift. The idea is that you make her feel desirable so she will want to wear it for you and keep the lights on.
• Lingerie is a great way to guarantee foreplay. If she feels comfortable in what you bought her, it usually brings out the exhibitionist in the wearer.
• If you don’t know her cup size, go for loungewear.
• Brands like Palindrome stock pieces that can be worn comfortably and incognito under clothing. Choose pieces like this and she might surprise you in unexpected places. After work drinks might get heated when she shows you a slip of lace.
• Avoid bulky and costumy outfits – they can only come out in the bedroom.
• If you get it right the first time, you can open dialogue about what type of lingerie she likes to wear and discuss what type of looks you would love to see her in.
• When in doubt, a gift voucher is always the best bet. Try Palindrome, tell them PENTHOUSE sent you.
For a great selection of lingerie in all shapes in sizes, try Palindrome.
Check out their website here, Facebook here, and Instagram here.